Saturday, November 9, 2013

Memories From Childhood Part II

Back in the preschool days, my best friend and I were very creative.  Despite this being a long time ago, I have a lot of vivid memories from 1995.  Here are two for your reading pleasure.

1. My BFF Kayla lived next door to our preschool teacher, and we loved that lady.  We loved her so much that we'd constantly make her things.  Usually it was just a painting using the "Do A Dot" medium, but one time I remember wanting to make her a Christmas tree.  We couldn't find any evergreen materials, so we grabbed some tumbleweed from the street and glued grass all over it.  Take a moment and picture what this would have looked like.  It was a masterpiece.

2. Sometimes Kayla and I would experiment in the kitchen.  I don't think we were allowed to actually cook anything, but we were allowed to make mixtures.  One of our most successful dishes was Smarties Juice.  The recipe is quite simple, and yet very time-consuming for five-year-olds: You smash smarties and mix them with water.  We thought it tasted so good (perhaps compared to our other concoctions).  Right after we finished making it, we offered a taste to Kayla's big sister who thought it was gross and spit it back out into the cup!  Unfortunately that cup held the entire batch of Smarties Juice.  And we were now out of smarties.  We were very upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!