Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A New Member of the Family

Meet the newest member of the family.  (There I go with the deceptively exciting post titles again, sorry.)


Scott spotted this little guy for one dollar at Lowes and thought we "needed" him.  I didn't really want to care for yet another plant even for free, but lo and behold, the plant was purchased and now sits next to our bathtub. 

We sometimes argue over how to best raise this plant.  I think it's kind of flimsy and needs a good shaking and Scott thinks it's dainty and just needs some love.  So, while my back is turned he feeds it more water, and while Scott is away I torture the plant by forcing it into the sunlight and shaking its branches.

If plants are any indication, this is probably how we'll raise our children.  Me: torture them for their own dang good, and Scott: love them and feed them treats behind my back. 

I think we might make a really good team.

Oh yeah remember how we have a new house and I've refused to post decent photos?  We're still working on projects everywhere, but today I can show you our little front room since we've run out of decorations and furniture to put in there!




We just got our carpets cleaned and therefore refuse to walk in this room to preserve the beauty of cleaned carpets.  As you can imagine, getting that piano bench back in there without touching the carpet was a challenge! 

So, if you come to our house I hope you can jump from the wood floor to the couches.  Not that I'd make you do that or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!