Saturday, February 23, 2013

A $35 Slab of Raw Tuna

Most of the time I don't consider Scott and I to have separate lives, but then we have weeks like this one where we've spent about 4 hours together, and Scott says things like:

"I feel like Tierra waiting for some one-on-one time."

Translation: It's been a hectic week, and most of it isn't even worth talking about (but some of it is mildly entertaining)...

Here we go.

Scott went to his first fancy schmancy work dinner, and he ordered what turned out to be a $35 slab of raw tuna.  Complete with the worst edible leaf on the market (arugula) and a pile of unidentified herbs.  He was kind enough to bring some home for me to try, which I promptly threw away.

I attended a WIB event (as a professional this time).  It was a great fun, and it was my first time back at the Marriott School since last April.  I now feel like I'm about 40 years old because goodness gracious, that whole school phase feels so far behind me.  I hate to break it to you students out there, but you won't know how great life is until you don't have to wear a backpack every day.   

Once the weekend hit, things slowed down a bit and we were able to have some fun.  Also, Scott's sister, Jill came to visit from Texas!  We had a fun time visiting the dinosaur museum and going to lunch with her.  I think I like the human skeletons even better than the dinosaur ones.  They look so goofy!  When the next local fossilized human museum opens, I'm there. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

My photo
We enjoy otter pops, vacations, intense board games, house projects, breakfasts together, ridiculous TV shows, analysis of ridiculous TV shows, budgeting, and each other.

Check out my recipe blog!